Publisher and host of the INDIKO website
AFNOR: Association Française de Normalisation [French Standards Association]
SIRET: 775 724 818 00205
Bobigny trade and commerce register (RCS) NAF Code: 8413Z
Head Office: 11 rue Francis de Pressensé 93571 LA PLAINE SAINT DENIS Cedex
Tel. : +33 (0)1 41 62 80 00
Fax: 33 (0) 1 49 17 90 00
Head of publishing: Olivier PEYRAT (AFNOR General Manager)
Purpose of the INDIKO website
The INDIKO website offers a new range of services for businesses and associations, and in particularly a range of indicators enabling them to position themselves in relation to a sector, a specific topic, or even to compare themselves to other organisations and even to websites within a same group.
The INDIKO website also offers the “Indiko Environmental Performance” solution, an industry benchmark, participatory and free that allows companies to measure the environmental performance of their approach according to the new version of the ISO 14001 standard. This participatory solution does not give rise to a specific control by (an) AFNOR (expert) in relation to the collected data.
The “Indiko Environmental Performance” solution delivers simple and relevant environmental indicators, on the basis of anonymous information, for an entire organisation, but also for a website or an individual establishment. It is available to all organisations interested in reducing their impact on the planet.
Personal information – collection of personal data
Using the INDIKO website gives rise to the collection by AFNOR of personal information through, among other things, forms and registration documents.
According to articles 38, 39 and 40 of French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, amended in August 2004, on “Data Protection and Freedom of Information”, you have the right to access, oppose, delete and modify this information. To exercise this right, please write to the following address: AFNOR, for the attention of the Head of the Commercial Marketing Information System, 11 rue Francis de Pressensé –93571 La Plaine Saint-Denis Cedex.
Processing of personal information
AFNOR operates a database containing personal information that may relate to its employees, contractors, customers, members, partners…
This data includes the following:
- Company name
- Physical/postal/internet address
- Telephone number, fax, email
- Business sector (NAF Code, SIRET)
- Number of employees
- Full names of contact people
- Skills/certification/competence/age (external consultants)
- Areas of interest (Customers)
This data is intended for internal and/or external use or promotion of AFNOR’s standardisation, certification, consulting/training and/or information activities. According to articles 38, 39 and 40 of French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, amended in August 2004, on “Data Protection and Freedom of Information”, you have the right to access, oppose, delete and modify this data and/or oppose its circulation to third parties. To exercise this right, please write to the following address: AFNOR, for the attention of the Head of the Commercial Marketing Information System, 11 rue Francis de Pressensé 93571 La Plaine Saint-Denis Cedex.
Circulation of personal data on the web
AFNOR may be called upon, in exceptional circumstances, to distribute personal data, after the prior agreement of the person concerned (full name, company name, address, function and responsibilities). In general, AFNOR makes the information collected anonymous, within the scope of the “Indiko Environmental Performance” solution.
The capture of this information, particularly for commercial use, is strictly prohibited and may constitute an infringement of AFNOR’s rights with regard to its databases. According to articles 38, 39 and 40 of French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, amended in August 2004, on “Data Protection and Freedom of Information”, you have the right to access, oppose, delete and modify this data and/or oppose its circulation to third parties. To exercise this right, please write to the following address: AFNOR, for the attention of the Head of the Commercial Marketing Information System, 11 rue Francis de Pressensé 93571 La Plaine Saint-Denis Cedex or firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of connection data
For security reasons, or to estimate the traffic to its INDIKO website, AFNOR saves the following data:
- date, time,
- Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- page(s) consulted
This data is kept for three (3) years. An IP address is a form of indirectly nominative data. According to articles 38, 39 and 40 of French law no. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, amended in August 2004, on “Data Protection and Freedom of Information”, you have the right to access, oppose, delete and any data that concerns you. To exercise this right, please write to the following address: AFNOR, for the attention of the Head of the Commercial Marketing Information System, 11 rue Francis de Pressensé 93571 La Plaine Saint-Denis Cedex or email@example.com
Confidentiality of messages
Messages that you send to us over the Internet may be intercepted by third parties. Consequently, outside secure areas, the confidentiality of these messages cannot be guaranteed and information about their origin can be forged.
Intellectual property of AFNOR
All content, pages, scripts and images on the INDIKO website are the exclusive property of AFNOR. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, company names, logos, products and trademarks appearing on the INDIKO website are the property of AFNOR. Indication thereof does not, in any way, grant any licence or right to use these trademarks which cannot, therefore, be used without AFNOR’s prior written consent.
All rights of reproduction or representation are reserved for all countries. Information made available on the INDIKO website is protected by copyright and the sui generis right of AFNOR or its beneficiaries in relation to the databases.
The prior written consent of AFNOR shall be required for the following:
- extraction, by permanent or temporary transfer, of all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial proportion of the contents of the databases or the “Indiko Environmental Performance” solution onto another medium, by any means and in any form whatsoever;
- reuse, by making available to the public all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial proportion of the contents of the databases or the “Indiko Environmental Performance” solution, in any form whatsoever.
In a general sense, any extraction or reuse of the data for commercial purposes or distribution to third parties is prohibited. The extraction or reuse of a non-substantial part, assessed qualitatively or quantitatively, of the contents of the databases is permitted; however, this provision shall not be construed as permitting the extraction or repeated and systematic reuse of qualitatively or quantitatively insubstantial parts of the content of the database.
In general, any use of the databases which complies with their destination is authorised. Any other use not expressly authorised or any reproduction in whole or in part of this website by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited unless AFNOR has granted prior permission in writing and constitutes an infringement punishable pursuant to articles L.335-2 et seq. of the Intellectual Property Code.
AFNOR hereby reserves the right to modify, suspend, restrict or temporarily interrupt access to all or part of the INDIKO website including, in particular, its content, features or times of availability, without prior notice.
The services and data available on the INDIKO website are provided solely for information purposes.
While all efforts have been made to ensure the reliability of the information contained on this website, AFNOR assumes no responsibility in the event of any inaccuracies or imprecision with regard to the information provided on the INDIKO website and internet users make use of this information at their own risk.
AFNOR may not, therefore, under any circumstances, be held liable for any direct or indirect damages which might result from accessing or using this INDIKO website.
What is a cookie?
These are text files which are stored in a dedicated area of the hard disc on your terminal (computer, tablet or mobile phone), during consultation of content or adverts. This Cookie file can only be read by the issuer. It allows the terminal on which the Cookie is stored to be identified for a limited period.
What are cookies used for?
Four types of Cookies, used for the purposes described below, may be stored on your terminal when visiting our INDIKO website:
- Technical Cookies are required for browsing our INDIKO website, as well as accessing various products and services. In particular, technical Cookies enable the presentation of the INDIKO website to be adapted to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, screen resolution), memorisation of passwords and other information pertaining to a form which you will have filled in on the INDIKO website (registration or access to the member area) and implementation of security measures (this is the case, for instance, when you are asked to log in to the member area again after a certain period of time has elapsed). These Cookies cannot be deactivated or the settings adjusted without being refused access to the INDIKO website and/or the INDIKO website services.
- Visitor count Cookies are issued by the AFNOR Group or our technical partners so as to measure the audience for the various content and sections on our INDIKO website, to evaluate these and improve their organisation. These Cookies also permit, where applicable, the detection of browsing issues and, consequently, improved usage of our services. These Cookies only product anonymous statistics and volumes of visits, excluding any personal information. The lifetime of these visitor measurement Cookies does not exceed 13 months.
- Advertising Cookies are issued by our advertising partners, in areas intended for advertising and publicity on our INDIKO website, with the operation of these areas contributing towards funding service content which we make available to you free of charge. These Cookies are deposited by our partners within the scope of advertising partnerships pursuant to which advertisers may collect data concerning content consulted on our INDIKO website, in respect of the provisions set forth under the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act of 1978.
- Social media” Cookies allow content from the AFNOR Group INDIKO websites to be shared with other people, or notification to other people of your browsing information or your opinions about content on the INDIKO website. This is notably the case for the “share” buttons on the social media site Twitter Any social media site offering such a button is likely to be able to identify you thanks to this button, even if you do not use this function when consulting our INDIKO website. We request that you read the data protection policies for these social networks so as to be aware of the objectives of using, particularly for advertising purposes, any browsing information which they may collect via these buttons. The lifetime of these Cookies does not exceed 13 months.
Your choices concerning Cookies
By using the AFNOR Group’s INDIKO website, you hereby consent to use of the aforementioned Cookies. You are, however, entitled to deactivate these Cookies in whole or in part at any time, with the exception of technical Cookies required for operation of the INDIKO website as indicated above. Your web browser settings may also be adjusted to inform you when Cookies are stored on your terminal and to offer you the opportunity of whether or not to accept them.
Refusing a Cooking through your web browser
At any time you can choose to deactivate Cookies in whole or in part. The settings of your web browser may also be adjusted to inform you when Cookies are stored on your terminal and to offer you the opportunity of whether or not to accept them (on a case by case basis or altogether). We should however reiterate that deactivation of Cookies will prevent you from using our INDIKO website.
- If you use the Explorer browser: click the Tools button, then Internet Options. Under the general tab, Browsing History, click on Settings. And then click on Show Files and select the Cookies you wish to deactivate. Then close the window which includes the list of Cookies and double click on OK to return to the Internet.
- If you use the Firefox browser: click on the Firefox menu icon, then on the Tools button, then Options; in the window that appears, select Privacy and click Delete Specific Cookies. Select the Cookies that you want to deactivate and then delete them.
- If you use the Safari browser: click on the Settings button, then Preferences. In the window which appears, choose Privacy/Security, and click on Display Cookies. Select the Cookies that you want to deactivate and then click on Delete or on Delete All.
- If you use the Chrome browser: click on the Google Chrome menu icon, then Settings. At the bottom of the page click on Display advanced settings. Under Privacy, click on Content Settings. To disable cookies: select Prevent all INDIKO websites from storing cookies and then click on Cookies and INDIKO website data, and then move the mouse cursor to the INDIKO website creating the Cookie and click on the X in the top right corner, or click on Delete All.
For all support concerning the various browsers, please read the official documentation.